Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sidney Crosby

Sidney Crosby

Last Night I decided to do my second blog post on a particular player after each game and there is obviously no better place to start than with Sidney Crosby. Now I actually planned to have some criticism for Sid but after last night, I don't believe I can criticize him.

So going into last nights game vs. the Flyers Sid had recorded 14 points primarily in assists and within them the majority were secondary assists i.e. not the pass to the scorer. While there is nothing wrong with that it has been evident that Sid is trying to force the game too much and do to much with the puck and this is clear while he is loosing the puck in the majority of the games before the series with the Flyers, also a key reason why he hasn't scored so many goals in the Playoffs.

I am happy to say this all seemed to go last night as he looked more like his old self again. Coming out with a bright start and some good puck handling. The goal a key one for him and the team as it was the momentum changer for the game. After this he was a far more free player looking even better and not trying to do it all, like in previous games. The factors why this occurred will be looked at different by different people. I feel though maybe being against the Flyers and his previous record vs. them maybe allowed Sid to relax a bit and be like his old self. Also with the knowledge of how well Malkin is playing at the moment helped allow this transition to take place in Game 1. I personally believe that this is a new turn for Sid in this playoff series as he seems to have settled down into his stride of free flowing passing hockey. If this Years cup run falters (fingers crossed it won't) he will be back bigger and even better next year.

While this intended to be a brief overview of Sid I would be interested to see others view on it so
please feel free to contact me Britishpensfan@pensunderground.com. The next game I will review Marc Andre-Fleury.

Sidney Crosby Scores in Game 1 vs. Flyers

Preview: COMING 10/7/08

This is just a preview of a show that will appear on October 7, 2008.

1 comment:

tluke53 said...

I agree BP. Sid has not been as dynamic as he can be. He has been overshadowed by Malkin. Sid is a very competitive guy so I suspect he will turn it up a notch versus the Flyers.